- The DML is open during the same hours as the library, check the library section of the BGC web site for those hours.
- Prior to 4pm on weekdays, the DML is only to be used for digital project work related to courses and QP/dissertation work or for classes and meetings. During this time other work (including word processing and general scanning) should be completed using computers around the BGC, in VMR, or on your own PCs. If all other computers are in use during this time, emergency use of computers in the lab is possible, but only with the permission of the Director of the DML.
- After 4pm on weekdays and during the weekend, the DML will be open for more general computer use. However, any planned meetings or classes during this time will supersede non-DML related work and students may be asked to work elsewhere during those times. These meetings will be posted inside the DML and noted on the DML Wiki (http://dml.wikis.bgc.bard.edu/lock:dml-hours). Furthermore, students requiring certain hardware for DML projects during these times will be give priority for specific computers, scanners, printers, etc.
- The DML is primarily to be used for project-based work related to courses and QP/dissertation work only. Other work (including word processing and general scanning) should be completed using computers around the BGC, in VMR, or on your own PCs.
- You are responsible for your own data. We recommend purchasing flash stick drives to keep your materials on. (Exceptions to this rule may be made for data intensive projects such as video editing or group work)
- No Food or Beverages allowed in the DML. No exceptions allowed.
Policies Alex Beuscher